Good morning! Managed the 8am wakeup; let’s see how long before I crash. Here’s the Opening Meme we’ve all come to know and love (sneakily written last night). Happy reading!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Portland, Maine
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably Rick Riordan’s The Blood of Olympus, because those books are just such brain candy that it’ll be both a fun read, and an easy one to chalk up as completed during the event. I’m also both longing for, and dreading, the rest of The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters. I love her prose and her plots, and coming to the end of her newest book means no more new Sarah Waters for several years. This is TRAGIC.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I wasn’t sure I was going to Readathon this time around, so I didn’t plan very well re: food. I’m excited that I prepped the coffee pot, though.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I work for LibraryThing for Libraries, so books aren’t just a hobby, they’re my life, and I could not be more thrilled about that. I live with my 16 year old brother and two (spoiled as shit) cats, all of whom are aware of their roles during readathon: supply, snuggle, and save anything non-urgent for Sunday.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’m reading to raise funds for charity for the second time – April’s fundraising Readathon was a real success, so I’m excited to add to my net Jimmy Fund contribution. I know my Mamau would be proud, and support my choice of recipient of the donation. I don’t plan to do anything differently, though given the time, I will probably buy more sleep hours than I did last time :)