I always get to this point in the day and think, “How is it possible that more than 5 hours have already passed??” And since this is also when I think, “Jeez, I’ve hardly read anything besides social media in the last five hours,” I will leave you with this Readathon Top 10 I wrote for the Hour 5 mini-challenge, and I will go READ :)
Top 10 ways to enjoy the 24-hour Readathon:
10. Choose a short, easy read first: it’s good to have a sense of accomplishment early on!
9. Don’t slog through anything you’re not feeling.
8. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
7. Caffeinate, caffeinate, caffeinate! :-P
6. Have a variety of places to read, in various positions: sitting upright, curled up, reclining, etc.
5. Snacks! Fruit, raw veggies, pretzels, deli meats, olives, cheese, anything easy to eat with one hand while holding a book with the other.
4. Have an audiobook ready for when you need both hands; showering, driving, cooking, etc.
3. Get up and move around the room at least once an hour, even if it’s just to shake out your limbs and wiggle a bit to get the blood flowing.
2. Let everyone know you’re readathon-ing, so they can join you, cheer you, or leave you the heck alone! ;)
1. Engage with fellow readers on social media. Don’t worry about how much time you’re spending not-reading, because while it is a “readathon,” the spirit of the thing is about reading communally, sharing the love of reading, and meeting other people also crazy enough to dedicate a solid 24 hours to the greatest pastime in the world!