1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Portland, Maine
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? It’s really too hard to say… I’m excited about all of them! But I’ve been holding off on Ernest Cline’s Armada for today, so that’s had some time for anticipation to build.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I got some puff pastry to use for “puffles,” or waffle iron pockets of whatever delicious thing I put in them. That’s going to be amazing.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a 35 year old queer Femme raising a kickass teen brother (he’s a SENIOR this year, WHUT)
I have the dream job of working for LibraryThing for Libraries supporting public and academic librarians around the world who use our products (like the lovely scrolling book display widget in my header – click on a cover! Isn’t that cool??)
My cats love Readathon as much as I do, and will appear in various photos throughout the day because I’m That Girl
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’m officially Cheering for the first time this year, so that’s going to be a fun challenge, especially since I know the last few hours is when readers need cheering the most, and when a lot of folks have tapped out. I’m probably going to nap so I have a little something in reserve for those who are still reading when we wrap up!
Okay kids, it’s time! Happy Readathon!